If these are out of stock, we make them daily. Check back or call the shop. Also, these are often made to order so it may take a full 24 hours to ship.
These masks are hande made here in NJ and are two layers of cotton with adjustable elastic ear loops. The RBG fabric is new and sustainably produced. Inventory is added daily. As a sustainable business about 95% of fabrics are used, cleaned and sanitized, and made into new and useful items, including the RBG mask second layer.
Please read all the description information for your safety.
1) Sizing: When selecting size, there are only 3 adult sizes. Adult masks are about 5.75"x8" and petite is 5.5"x7.5". Kids masks are 4"x6.5" and available only by request.
2) Cleaning: Wash before use. I recommend machine washing in hot water without any bleach but with a good laundry soap. Dry in the dryer or hang to dry. (You may want to use a fine washable bag to prevent elastic from snagging on other clothing). If you iron, do so with a warm (not hot) iron and iron on the back side. NEVER iron the elastic.
3) Fit: The new adjustable bead allows for the perfect fit for any mask. We still offer regular, petite and XL or kids.
Here is a Washington Post article that explains why I make these: https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/03/28/masks-all-coronavirus/
For more information, read:
- This is not a medical-grade mask and is not intended as a replacement for medical-grade equipment or other recommended measures to stop the community spread of any viruses, including social distancing, washing your hands and refraining from touching your face.
- This is not an FDA approved product. This product makes no claims of antimicrobial protection, antiviral protection, particulate filtration, or infection prevention or reduction.
- This product is not intended for use in a medical setting. Not for use in any surgical setting or where significant exposure to liquid, bodily or other hazardous fluids, may be expected. Not for use in a clinical setting where the infection risk level through inhalation exposure is high.
- These masks are not made of medical grade material.
- For adult use only. Wash these masks according to CDC washing guidelines prior to first wear. Wash after each use
- When washed and dried, secure the clean mask to your face to cover both your nose and mouth. Gaps between the mask and your face, or a loose fitting mask, will reduce the effectiveness of the mask. Once secured, refrain from touching the mask and your face in order to adjust its fit. Any hand contact with your face, or the mask itself once donned, can increase your risk of contracting or communicating an infectious disease.